Popular music is completely saturated with female artists, yet there are not enough ladies.
You can find talented artists who are women, but it will be difficult to find one who specifically aims to empower other women to strive for authentic womanhood—HillaryJane aspires to do just that. Houston native, now a resident of California, HillaryJane, has an over-arching goal to help encourage biblical perspectives in the minds of her listeners. After realizing the effect music has on an individual- their mindset, mood, and desires- HJ knew she wanted to use what talent she had to hone the persuasiveness of the art towards music with substance. Growing up in a broken home with a heart full of hurt, The Gospel was the only thing that could ever bring any true hope for change and fulfillment to her life. Now, a side from simply making great music, HillaryJane desires to empower confidence in individuals faith, growth, and love for Christ. "I've always loved all music! I grew up in the hip-hop culture but also listened Contemporary Christian radio thanks to my mom. When I picked up the guitar at age 16 I honestly couldn't decide which specific sound I want to accomplish with my art; and the beauty is that I don't have to choose." Sounds from HillaryJane will include a variation from Hip-Hop and rapping, to pop and an entire EP dedicated to acoustic style R&B. There is definitely something for everyone.
- Nominated for Best New Artist on NewReleaseTuesday.com's 3rd annual We Love Christian Music Awards
- Nominated for Best Urban/Rap Artist/Group along with Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Tedashii, and KJ-52 on NewReleaseTuesday.com's 3rd annual We Love Christian Music Awards
- Hit #3 on iTunes R&B chart (Stix and Stones EP)
- Hit #2 on RadioU's Most Wanted (Chimneys)
- Hit #8 on Amazon's Free Music chart
- Hit #9 on DJBooth.net R&B chart (Celebrity)
- Hit #9 on iTunes Christian (Stix and Stones Unplugged EP)
- Nominated for New Artist of the Year 2014 on Rapzilla.com
- Rapzilla Freshman of 2014 & 2015
GOAL: To empower confidence in individuals
faith, love for Christ, and to live life with a biblical perspective.
Stix and STones EP
July 29th, 2014
Stix and stones Unplugged Ep
December 30th, 2014